Intimacy With Christ
Intimacy with Christ is the foundation of spiritual growth and health!
Within the pages of Intimacy with Christ you will find spiritual insight and Christian counseling from church history's best-known woman. Her words speak to you of how to know our Lord intimately. These letters contain her advice as shared with the common people, famous people and clergy (includes 14 letters to and from Francois Fenelon) who sought her guidance. Here is counseling that is truly Christian, in a more Christ-centered perspective than is usually found in our present-day concept of Christian counseling.
"No matter what has been said about my experience in Christ, I cannot doubt its reality. Somewhere deep within me I am utterly convinced that it is true. It is Christ at work in my heart, and that work is as unshakable as He is. It seems to me that these theological discussions concerning the validity of an inward experience with Christ arise from people who have not tasted so great a love. They are tempted to look at men when, instead, they should be looking at the Giver of love."
Jeanne Guyon, Intimacy with Christ
You will receive from Jeanne Guyon:
- Spiritual help in such areas as discouragement, failure, self-consciousness, poor self-esteem, emotional ups and downs, sorrow, embarrassment, and persecution.
- Counsel concerning decision making, the search for God's will in your life, and what it means to follow Him.
- Wisdom on the uncertainties that assail believers.
- Greater understanding and acceptance of others, even your opposites.
- Christ-like ways to respond to Christians who are at odds with you.
- A new perspective on peoples' faults, as well as the church's short-comings.
Guyon lights up the precious and powerful value of Christian fellowship and offers advice and encouragement for Christian workers. Intimacy with Christ will meet you where you are in your walk with Christ.